Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…
Expect This When Working On – Setup
By Paul Wilson | on March 5, 2021 | 7 Comments |
Tags: expectGolf Setuphow to stand golfset up position golftaller set up golf
Paul Wilson is the creator of Swing Machine Golf and founder of Ignition Golf. Paul's golf swing technique is based on the Iron Byron swing machine. YouTube Channels: Paul Wilson Golf and Ignition Golf Tips. Please Join me on Google+
7 Responses to “Expect This When Working On – Setup”
You must be logged in to post a comment.
November 10, 2016AlanCranston
I am currently doing these things:
– Setup tall with flex in right knee.
– Turn shoulders which will automatically turn hips and load weight in my right instep.
– To initiate downswing turn lower body and maintain flex in right knee.
– Make sure right knee touch left knee.
Follow thru clubs touching back of head.
– Anything else ?
November 11, 2016Paul Wilson
Seems like a good list.
Grip? Is it perfect?
– Setup – flex in both knees until you feel them activated.
– Turn shoulders – check that you do not see your toes at the top of the backswing so you are not too tilted. Look for the tight coiled up feeling. This tells you that you have torque.
– Starting down – turn lower body getting to the touch the legs position.
– Touch the Legs – lead leg is locked dead straight. Back legs is perfectly touching. This give you feedback so you can do it perfectly every time.
– Anything Else? – You need to work on the touch the head position too. You can find the lessons here:
Work on them in order. Build a great swing. A great swing hits great shots.
November 10, 2016LenKoblenz
Is the need for a taller setup caused by bending too much and having one’s hands too low or by standing too far from the ball, and therefore, having to bend to be able to reach the ball?
November 11, 2016Paul Wilson
It is typically bending over too much. The taller people are the lower they usually get because to a taller person golf clubs feel rather short. Bending over is easy and doesn’t put stress on the body so people favor this as opposed to and athletic set up that takes effort. Standing too far away is rare but I do see it.
November 11, 2016LenKoblenz
Thanks. I feel better, now. I’m pretty sure I don’t bend too much.
November 12, 2016AlanCranston
I have been working on touching back of the head position for months still not able to own it.
I may be wrong but I think if u do (a) right (b) take care of it self. For example if I have a tight grip, dont turn my shoulders and unable to load the weight in my right instep I will not be able to initiate the down swing with my lower body.
Can u thing of a key that will help me with touch the back of my head position. I know this will help better with my follow thru.
November 14, 2016Paul Wilson
If you cannot do it you are way too tight. You need to watch yourself do it in a mirror and physically touch your head splitting your ears. Then you keep doing it day after day perfectly until it goes there on its own. Most people are just trying to hit the ball. If so, they are not even thinking of the position. They are also hit the ball and think the swing is over so they put the brakes on stopping short of the position. This position is part of point B to your swing. It tell you if your wrists are loose or tight or if you are swinging on plane, if your arms are too tight etc. So it is vital you hit this position.
So watch yourself in a mirror and see if you can do it or not. If you physically can’t do it (which I have taught a few) I have them touch their next instead. Let me know.