Already a member? Login below…
Tags: how to play golfhow to swing a golf clubPlaying Tips
Paul Wilson is the creator of Swing Machine Golf and founder of Ignition Golf. Paul's golf swing technique is based on the Iron Byron swing machine.
Paul Wilson Golf and
Ignition Golf Tips.
Please Join me on Google+
April 11, 2014
Paul ,Great reminder! It makes me remember that BYRON NELSON ,when he had his extraordinary winning streak ,during the 1945 season,of 11 victories in a row and 18 overall ,said that ,while playing ,he had only one swing thought -the same one-during the entire period .
Apart of that single swing thought (In my case your “turn your right hip at the start of the downswing “tip ),I myself concentrate exclusively on where I want my ball to go.
Yes, you can’t thinking too much out there. Glad you get it.
April 12, 2014
FANTASTIC tip – one of your best Paul! – Thank you sure helped my game yesterday.
April 13, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. We can’t make this game too difficult.
July 25, 2014
I hope it’s okay to ask some general questions.
1. I know it may sound stupid, but at a handicap of 21.9 , does the type of ball matter.? Although I know I don’t like the ones that sound like hitting porcelain.
2. Does having a matching set of clubs help?
3. With powerless arms, I find hip rotation to be very effective, however I still mess it up cause I am lousy at coordinating it. Is there more practice drills for hip rotation?
July 26, 2014
1. You should be using a lower compression ball like 80 or below. This way it will compress on the face as opposed to playing one that is too hard. You can check out low compression golf balls here. Just search their site or check your local golf store.
2. You definitely do not need a matching set of clubs. The irons from 3-PW should be the same make. Any wedges can be different. Putter can be different. Any and all woods or hybrids can be different. Go with what you like and what works. A professional clubfitter could help you determine the best clubs for your current swing. Just remember to do the proper set up I teach.
3. First, you need to be constantly doing my touch the legs position making sure you are perfectly touching every time. If you can only do it slowly then do it slowly. No sense doing it harder wrong. Gradually speed up once you get it.
Here are legs and hips drills:
DRILL: How To Get Faster Hip Rotation: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-faster-hip-rotation/
Hips To Target Feeling: http://ignitiongolf.com/hips-to-target-feeling/
DRILL: Swing Off Ground: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-swing-off-ground
DRILL: Listen to Club Swinging: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-listen-to-club
DRILL: Swing Off Ground Variation: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-variation-favorite-drill/
DRILL: My Favorite Drill – Variation 2: http://ignitiongolf.com/favorite-drill-variation-2/
DRILL Lift Then Hit: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-lift-hit/
DRILL Lift Heel For 2 Weeks: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-lift-heel-2-weeks/
DRILL: Belt Buckle Clubhead: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-belt-buckle-clubhead
DRILL: Firing Legs in Downswing: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-knee-ball-power
DRILL: Move Hips: http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-hips-moving
Advanced – Driving Hips Check: http://ignitiongolf.com/driving-hips-check/
DRILL: Faster Hip Rotation (UST): http://ignitiongolf.com/drill-faster-hip-rotation/
You must be
to post a comment.